Glyn Satterley was born in Kent, England. He graduated with a degree in Fine Art from Ravensbourne College, but continued to pursue a love of photography rather than painting. Alongside his magazine and other editorial work, Glyn has worked on several large projects, including:
- A look at Scotland's Far North - Caithness and Sutherland - a bleak and sparsely populated area at Scotland's most Northern tip. This work was exhibited widely, and Glyn's first book Life in Caithness and Sutherland was produced from it.
- An on-going, in-depth study for the first time (probably since Victorian times) of the way of life on Scottish Sporting Estates. It resulted in an exhibition and three books - The Scottish Highland Estate, The Highland Game and Going to the Hill. A new limited edition book - In Pusuit is currently in production and will be available in 2020.
- The summers of 1999-2002 were spent photographing material for The Scottish Golf Book, The Scottish Fishing Book, and The Scottish Whisky Book. During this time he also finished a specially commissioned black and white photographic book for Ackergill Tower in Caithness, a behind the scenes look at one of Scotland's most prestigious hotels.
- Glyn's latest project is a personal look at Scottish golf. He is keen to capture the magnificence of some of the Scottish courses as a backdrop to the quirky and more humorous aspects of a game so dear to the hearts of many Scots. Four of these images were recently on display in The Art of Golf exhibition at the National Gallery of Scotland in Edinburgh.
Glyn is based ouside Edinburgh in East Lothian, and has worked freelance for many U.K, European and American publications as well as for a broad range of private and corporate clients, several of whom have provided testimonials. The stock list gives an idea of the range of his work, but please contact us you are looking for something specific not on the site, and we may be able to help you.
- Photographers Gallery - London
- Portfolio Gallery - Edinburgh
- Collins Gallery - Glasgow
- Third Eye Centre - Glasgow
- Royal Museum of Scotland - Edinburgh
- Inverness Museum
- Aberdeen Art Gallery
- Simpsons of Piccadilly
- Edinburgh Airport
- Bonhams, Edinburgh
- The Portrait Gallery, Edinburgh
- The National Gallery, Edinburgh